Monday, May 6, 2019

Tornado Alley - Pulling the Trigger

After many hours of obsessing and looking at the forecast, I knew I had to be down there. I went through so many options. I thought about jumping on Cloud 9 Tours, I thought about starting my Tornado Hunters tour early, I asked a bunch of other chasers if they were going and if I could tag along. My friend, George Kourounis was already down there, chasing with Tom Dolan, who is also a member of the Explorer's Club and is working on the Tornado Visualization and Radar Analysis Project. They invited me to follow along in my own vehicle.

I booked a red eye to Oklahoma city, secured a car rental.. and it was done. I was going chasing!

The Storm Prediction Centre forecasts a moderate risk for severe storms and theres a 10% tornado risk.








This is probably one of the most impulsive things I've ever done (second only to jumping on another Cloud 9 tour an hour before my flight home, back in 2014). 






No comments:

Post a Comment