Friday, May 24, 2019

Tornado Alley: Tired but Tempted to Keep Going

Glendive, MT

Apparently today is National Road Trip Day. It couldn't be more fitting as we make our way back to Canada. I'm going to miss chasing with these guys! We caught 8 tornadoes in total. May 17th, of course, being the most epic day. Not pictured: Greg Johnson



















We dropped off Erin and Brad in Denver today. I already miss chasing and was going through withdrawals as we drove further and further away from tornado alley. I looked out on to the landscape at the clouds on the horizon and thought I saw wall clouds and inflow tails but I knew my brain was playing tricks on me. 

Next week is supposed to be an active week and during dinner with the group, I almost decide to stay longer. However, there isn't enough people to help out with driving. Chris needs to head home because it's his birthday tomorrow and he has family plans and Greg doesn't trust me to help drive Flash. Tara, one of the only other females on the tour, wants to go but she doesn't drive. The idea seems to be dropped for now. 

We stop in Montana for the night. 















No comments:

Post a Comment