Sunday, May 19, 2019

Tornado Alley - Bedbugs, Prairie Oysters and a Hangover... Oh My!

Elk City, OK

Had a great mini chaser convergence party last night in Woodward, OK. I got to meet some Canadian chasers that I was only acquainted with on Twitter. This morning/afternoon, we had brunch. I tried "prairie oysters" for the first time. The flavour is fine, but knowing what they actually are made them hard to swallow, especially while hung over.

Now we're in Elk City, OK for a down day. We should be in a good position for tomorrow.

This picture was in my room and also in the room we partied in. I came very close to drawing a huge tornado on it with a sharpie and was being encouraged to do so by our fearless leader... I had the presence of mind to stop myself - but mainly because I was afraid I wouldn't do a good job drunk-drawing a giant funnel.



We chase hard, we play hard.

Erin and I had to change rooms here at the Days Inn because we found bedbugs in our room! It was awful. 

As predicted, the threat has been upgraded to a high risk. Tomorrow could be historic, epic, and potentially a little scary. Hope to get some awesome footage. There will be a series of storms coming in.. And starting early! Potentially tornadic storms are going to start firing up near us at 7am.




















No comments:

Post a Comment